In this email you will find:
- Oct 24th Riverside Halloween Fest!!
- RTC Date Night – BIA Businesses Get on Board
- Exciting Riverside Events Coming Up – Get Involved!
- Oct 29th Shop the Neighbourhood Street Team in Riverside
- Nov 2nd Shop The Neighbourhood Marketing Forum
- Oma Chiropractic Wellness Workshops
- Neighbourhood News
|Oct 24th Halloween Fest in Riverside!!!
Pumpkin Carving, Trick or Treating, Haunted Houses and More…
- Pumpkin carving contest & haunted house (Jimmie Simpson Recreation Centre from 10am-2pm).
- Nell & Natasha’s Real Estate Homeward Halloween Fundraiser for Syrian Families – Costume Contest & Pumpkin Carving (807A Queen St E from 11am-3pm) – Note: the BIA has applied for a permit to close the top section of McGee Street from 10am till 4pm.
- Children’s VocalWork Choir Performance (patio across from 807A Queen St E from 2-3pm).
- Riverside Kiddie Costume Parade & Trick-or-Treat led by the Ralph Thornton Centre and BIA (starting from 807A Queen St E with stops at over 15 participating businesses from 3-4pm)
|Riverside Businesses be a part of RTC’s Sunday Nights are “Date Night” In Riverside and Leslieville!
Starting Sunday, October 18, the Ralph Thornton Centre is making “Date Night” a reality for parents in Riverdale.
By purchasing a weekly “Date Night Passport”, parents can leave their children at the Ralph Thornton Centre on Sunday
evenings. From 4:30 to 8:30 PM
, RTC will provide “dinner and a movie” and other activities for the children in a safe, supervised environment. In addition, the “passport” will entitle parents to a 20% discount – only valid on that particular “Date Night” – to a number of local restaurants and other services. Passports will cost $20 for each child age 6-12, and $30 for each child 2-6. (Every additional child per family will be “discounted” by $5 off the one child price!)
Your “Date Night” Passport gets you an evening with safe, affordable childcare, and a 20% discount at some great local restaurants and businesses.
It’s a win-win-win proposition!
- Parents get a ‘night out’ knowing their children are in a safe, supervised, fun environment.
- Children get a ‘night out’ with a range of fun activities, a movie, and nutritious, fun food.
- Restaurants and businesses increase sales on a ‘slow’ night and get new local customers.
- The Ralph Thornton Centre and our local BIA is able to better support our community.
How to get in on “Date Night”
Restaurants and Businesses can:
- Sign a simple agreement to participate, by agreeing to offer a 20% discount to “passport holders” between 4:30 and 8:30 on Sunday evenings
- Provide a copy of their current menu so they can be posted on the “Date Night” bulletin board
- Promote this opportunity through flyers (provided by RTC) and their social media and other advertising .
- Reserve for “Date Night” by 4 PM on the previous Friday, by calling or dropping into the Centre
- Purchase their “Passport”
- Fill out a simple emergency contact/medical information form and waiver
- Agree to stay within the local area
- Drop off and pick up their children during “Date Night” hours!
This initiative is sponsored by the Ralph Thornton Centre and the Riverside BIA.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Other Upcoming Riverside Initiatives
November 28th Light up Riverside and Shop the Neighbourhood
- The Canada-wide Yellowpages ‘Shop the Neighbourhood’ event is happening all day – this event is to raise awareness of the important role small businesses play in creating healthy, thriving neighbourhoods. Over 25 Riverside businesses have registered to take part to date. All businesses are welcome to join in by offering promotions & adding yellow flare to their storefront! Click here to register for 2015 now.
- Sponsored again this year by Matt & Ben RE/MAX, Light up Riverside will celebrate this spirit of the holidays and promote shopping locally, with: Tree Lighting, warm treats from participating businesses, Beaches Choral performance & more! (Mustard Seed, 791 Queen St E from 5-6:30pm).
Nov 1st – December 7th Window Wonderland Contest Queen St East
All Riverside BIA businesses are invited to enliven their shop window in the theme of ‘Window Wonderland’ :
- Nov 1st-15th Design and install your window scene
- Nov 16th-Dec 7th Encourage Riverside BIA shoppers and residents to share photos of their favorite Winter window on Twitter and Facebook, using hashtags #WindowWonderland and #QueenStEast.
- Dec 7th Photos with the most likes/ retweets will be eligible to win a special gift certificate to one of the participating businesses.
October 29th: Yellow Pages Shop the Neighbourhood Street Team in Riverside
On Thursday, October 29th the Shop The Neighbourhood street team will be visiting Riverside neighbourhood to get us all prepped for November 28th!
The Shop The Neighbourhood street team can:
- Register your business for Shop The Neighbourhood (if you haven’t already!)
- Give you information on how to maximize the effects of the event in your store
- Answer any questions you may have about Shop The Neighbourhood
November 2nd: City of Toronto hosting 2015 Marketing Forum with Yellow Pages.
2015 Marketing Forum: Getting Your Business Noticed!
How is mobile changing the marketing world?
Not sure what marketing tools or techniques you could use? Or do you just want to know how to get your business
Join the City of Toronto and Yellow Pages to learn about the latest tools and trends for marketing main street.
Date: Monday November 2, 2015
Time: 9:00 am to 4 pm
Location: North York Civic Center,
5100 Yonge St.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn more about and sign-up for Yellow Pages’ Shop the Neighbourhood Program
to learn more visit http://www.shoptheneighbourhood.ca/en/
This event will provide an opportunity for retailers to learn more about trends in main street marketing, as well as a chance to sign up for Yellow Pages’ Shop the Neighbourhood Program.
Please share with your members here is a link to further information for your members https://www.dropbox.com/s/025dzo08c29o122/ET-2015MarketingForum-PartnerMarketing%28MainStreet%29.docx?dl=0
Oma Chiropractic Wellness Workshops
Foundations in Herbal Medicine – Winter 2015/2016 in Toronto
Herbal Medicine Intensive Course – Practice and Theory
This herbal medicine course is taught by local herbalist ℘ Danette Steele, RH, and will take place from
November 2015 through May 2016 in Toronto. The purpose of this course is to provide the student/participant with a solid knowledge base of the therapeutic actions and constituents of medicinal plants and a holistic framework for how to use plant medicine safely and effectively.The cost: is $1,073.50 ($950.00 + HST) Fee includes instruction, reference text, handout materials, and a basic herbal kit.
For more information, please contact Danette Steele: by telephone at: 416-725-HERB(4372) or by email:firstname.lastname@example.org