1923 Toronto City Council granted $35,000 “for the erection and equipment of a new Branch Library to serve the Roden district.” (TPL Annual Report, 1923, 5). Site purchased from the Toronto Board of Education. Tenders let in May.
1924 Gerrard Branch opened 15 May. Architects Shepard & Calvin.
1977 Renovation by A. J. Diamond, Associates. Renamed Gerrard/Ashdale Branch. Reopened November.
1992 Closed 23 March for barrier free access improvements and carpet replacement. Reopened 3 May.
1997 Closed 6 October for circulation desk replacement and WAN installation. Reopened 8 October. James Balley, Architect.
2003 Refurbishment. Closed 14 April for carpeting, shelving and painting. Reopened 5 May.
2007 New open hours, 8 January. Number of hours per week unchanged.