Pages Navigation Menu

Leslieville, Riverside and Riverdale Street History : Street Names from Agnes to Curzon

Posted by on May 12, 2015 in Best of Leslieville, history

This is an excerpt from Elizabeth Muirs fantastic recently published book: Riverdale : East Of The Don It is used with the authors permission.    Please buy a copy to find out the history of your street (and neighbourhood) and at the same time support a great local author! Click here to buy a copy       The history of the Street names for Toronto’s East End : Letters A,B,C   Agnes Lane — Named after Agnes Thomson Muir, Alexander Muir’s first wife. She and Alexander had two sons, James Joseph and George, and a daughter, Colinette Campbell. Agnes died in 1864 after just four years of marriage. Alexander then married Mary Alice Johnstone from Holland Landing in 1865; they had two children — Charles Alexander and Alice Ainsworth Road — Possibly inspired by Ainsworth Road in London,...

Read More